Does the DB have any Regular Expression or other complex search capability?
The ability to search for something like "Montr(é|e)al" is what you're
looking for, right?

You can also do this easily in Verity (and Verity can easily index your
database information regardless of the native capabilities of the DB).
Using the language filters you may not actually have to ANYTHING - Verity's
generally pretty smart about this stuff.  But to make it explicit you'd do
something like:  <WILDCARD>'Montr[ée]al'

Verity is deeper than a lot of people realize -- Oops, sorry, "realise"  ;^)

Check out the livedocs:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/h
tml/wwhelp.htm?context=ColdFusion_Documentation&file=part_dev.htm

Jim Davis