But any part of the body of the tag will be either "start" or "end", whether
you select it or not. If you mean you want to selectively execute a common
part of the tag, you could control that with an attribute I suppose?

-----Original Message-----
From: Barney Boisvert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 1:49 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Stupid custom tag question

I want to execute the start tag, then OPTIONALLY execute the body of
the tag, and then execute the close tag.  thistag.executionmode will
only tell me which part of the tag (opening or closing) is currently
execution, and doesn't tell me anything about the body of the tag.

As near as I can tell, this is impossible with CF (though trivial with JSP).

cheers,
barneyb