From: Andy Mcshane [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 25 August 2005 14:37
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Replace or REReplace function question.

Hi all, I am trying to come up with a way to do the following;

User creates/edits a basic letter/mailshot document on line using FCKeditor.

Within this document the user can add some pre-defined CF output fields i.e.
<cfoutput>#details.firstname#</cfoutput>.

This is with the idea of trying to do a simple mailshot by extracting the
names and addresses required from the database, selecting the
letter/mailshot text from the database, looping thorugh the recordset inside
of a cfdocument tag and producing a PDF of all the letters.

The point at which I am stuck is actually replacing the output tags inserted
into the original text with the required data from the database before
allowing cfdocument to process it. Does anyone have any suggestions/ideas on
the best way to replace my tags with the required text?