Hi,

I was wondering in anyone might be able to assist me.  I have any application
where I need to accept double byte character in a textfield (Japanese
character).  I have my Oracle 9i database setup to accept double byte character
and I have test fields of clob, nclob and nvarchar.  I am able to insert the
Japanese character correctly in the nvarchar field but I need to use the nclob
field as the lenght of the characters being inserted is greater than the limit
of the nvarchar type.

I cannot get the insert to work correctly with NCLOB.  It either gives an
Oracle error, inserts just questions marks or just does not do the insert at
all.  I am using CFQUERY, with CFQUERYPARAM, but there is no NCLOB query param.

Has anyone had any luck trying to do this.  I am using CFMX 6.1 and I also have
Blue Dragon and both give the same problems.

Thanks
Mario

disclaimer:

http://www.csfb.com/legal_terms/disclaimer_external_email.shtml