Incidentally -- House of Fusion is not letting me change my primary email
address -- My actual email is [EMAIL PROTECTED] if anyone was
writing me back.

Also, I solved the problem, but in a workaround way--

Since I'm only trying to ORDER BY the columns in question I am using column
ordinals instead of names, such as:

SELECT * FROM thetable ORDER BY 3

The only trick there is to know the order of the columns in the result set
from which you're querying -- this can not be derived from the COLUMNLIST
property of the query object since it is always returned alphanumerically
sorted-- fortunately I was able to view the original Oracle Function and saw
the select statement-- then I just mapped the values and my sortable
columnheaders form now works.

What a pain though!

--Brendan Baldwin :: [EMAIL PROTECTED]