uh oh.... now you've done it. Prepare for a wall of fire....

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Stevenson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 12:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: MySQL - CF: Access Denied when using password

CF 7 comes with a MySQL 3.1 driver....if you're using 4.1, there is a
different authentication mechanism so username/passwords don't fly....just
use without the user/pass.

You can also dload the newer JDBC driver for 4.x and up at mysql.org or .com
or wherever the home of that miserable excuse for a database is (no I'm not
jaded at all...hehe) ;-)

HTH

Cheers

Bryan Stevenson B.Comm.