From: Mike Nimer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 30, 2005 10:36 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: What were they thinking?

I just posted on Mark's blog, that yes as some of you guessed, we do
perform a regex check against the Actionscript to check for illegal
usage of Actionscript, instead of using the compiler. This is why we
can't tell the difference between comments, strings, or Actionscript.

I know this is a pain, and we have tried to document this as much as
possible so you don't go banging your head against the wall. But you
need to remember Flash forms are designed to replace static boring html
forms, not to build custom RIA Applications. I know there is a fine line
that does overlap sometimes. Honestly though if you're tweaking your
forms so much that these keywords are becoming an issue. You might want
to seriously look at Flex, it is a sweet tool.

---nimer