From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 2:24 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: LEFT AND RIGHT OUTER JOIN?

I think I have solidly walked into the realm of "why are you trying to
do this?"  So any suggestions on alternate ways to look at this problem
are welcome.

Say I have two tables something like these:

TABLE ONE
Loc_CD  Loc_Name
ABC             This
DEF             That
DFE             The Other

TABLE TWO
Loc_CD  A_Number
DEF             123
ALT             456

I need a combined table that would look like this.
Loc_CD  Loc_Name        A_Number
ABC             This
DEF             That            123
DFE             The Other
ALT                             456

Please presume I did not create the base table and have little control
over their structure and data.  But I need to somehow derive the
combined table.

How would one do this, is there such a thing as a double/left&right
join?

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any attachments is for
the sole use of the intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.