Aha! Yet another implementation of the getRelativePath() function...
:) It makes me think perhaps there should be one native in CF.

> This is how my custom tag for building forms TerraForm
> does it. There are a couple of gotchas. 1) the order of
> the items in the stack trace is reversed between CF5
> and CFMX. 2) CFMX6.1 (and 7 I think) has a few entries
> in the stack trace where the template is just the
> drive letter, so you just skip these ones. This code
> looks rather fragile and I dread the day it stops
> working....

Thanks for the info. I definately hadn't noticed that they reversed
the order of the tagcontext.

> Here's the TF code:

> <!--- calculate path back to calling template. This will
> be used for intelligently processing paths supplied by
> the developer. We have one report of this not working on
> a CF5 platform. It seems as if there is nothing returned
> in the cfcatch.tagcontext array. If this is the case,
> relative paths will not work. --->

I believe you need to enable robust exception information in the CF
Administrator before cfcatch will populate the tagcontext array.
Fortunately this doesn't require debugging enabled, and shouldn't
negatively impact performance unless there are a lot of exceptions
being thrown.

s. isaac dealey     954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with