Can I ask what it is you are trying to do... is this on cfmx?

Does it have to be a cfx?

For what its worth you should simply be able to create a new project in
eclipse, ensure that any external libraries are referenced by the project
(such as the cfx.jar)

Eclipse is usually setup to build automatically so it should highlight
errors as you go along. Its been a while since I did this and it was pre-mx
but I'm pretty sure you can setup a cf page to test it ..create a basic tag
which works - load it in the administrator etc, and then add your changes.
If I recall correctly you had to have a certain jar in the classpath as well
to ensure that changes were reflected as well.

LHTH