I was hoping to hear what the list thinks on an issue I have.
I'm trying to make a number of changes at the place I've been working
for a few months. The small group of programmers has a disorganized
development process. I'm trying to work in some standard source
control but until that point I want to at least be able to, when
tracking bugs, to find out what changes where made to a file and when.
Backups somewhat help but what would be really nice is, like source
control, if I could look at the revision history for a single file. Is
there some sort of way to point a utility at a directory and have it
automatically check in files as they change on the server? (I know,
event gateways, but we don't have enterprise) The easier to install
and config the better.

Anthony