Each developer should have their own private working directory that
only they can touch.  That's a fundamental principle with
collaborative development.  At my office, we run developer-specific
subdomains for our working directories (mine is bb.piersystem.dev, for
example), in addition to stage and head subdomains which contain the
current production code and the development trunk respectively, and
which are never directly edited (they're only for testing).  All work
is done in the person-specific working directories, and then the test
directories are updated as needed.

cheers,
barneyb

--