No reason you have to have your working directories local (though
that'd usually be prefered).  We have all our working directories on a
shared dev server, with multiple CF instances (one per directory), and
corresponding vhosts, so each app works in isolation from the others.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert