Stacy,

I had this same problem and ended up building the solution in Java using
WSDl2Java and invoking the Java classes from CF.

CF is great for simple Web service calls, but with complex Web service calls,
it is extremely tough to get the data structure right, and there is absoluely
no debugging facility to help you.

If you are bound and determined to use CF natively to access the Web service,
see if you can get an example SOAP packet of an actual request to the service.
That might give you enough info to reverse-engineer the data structure.

Otherwise, Java is the way to go. It took a lot of work to figure out the first
time, but now that I know how to use WSDL2Java, I can do this fairly readily in
CFMX 7. I wrote an article about it for CFDJ if you want to see what I did.
Feel free to ping me off list if you have any questions.

Rob