One other question for you, this works but it gives me all the records for
the first query in the output.  How would I based on the first query output
the second, which is then based on the third.

ex:

first tbl  = clients

second tbl  = projects

third tbl =  tasks

I want the output based on client and then their projects then the
tasks.  how would the code differ from what you have already supplied?

At 04:06 PM 9/25/00 +0100, you wrote:
><cfoutput query="qry_numberone">
>
>         ... HTML here ...
>
>         <cfloop query="qry_numbertwo">