From: Robert Munn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 17, 2005 12:17 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: SOLVED - SORT OF: Is there a way to see webservice request
generated by CFMX?

>Stace <- Guy lol ;-)

Doh! My bad.

>Finally got everything to work using Java...actually went pretty
smooth.
>There's a desperate need for a WSDL2CFML tool !!!! Life would be so
much
>easier lol...

To some extent that's what cfinvoke already does, and for what it
achieves it works very well. IMHO the general promise of web services
has not been achieved because it is too hard to consume them. If
cfinvoke could be made to work well enough to consume more complex
services, it would be a huge win for Macromedia. I almost think
WSDl2CFML would be too low level, but it would be extremely useful to be
able to dump  the Java object(s) that cfinvoke uses for a particular web
service call. That single feature (albeit a complicated one to create)
would be a huge advance from where we are now, as would a debug
interface for web service calls.

>One major drawback though is having to remove the webservices.jar from
>the cfmx classpath. Any time u invoke web services via java there's a
>funky class loading issue with another jar within jrun (same name).
>
>CFMX 7 has the same problem but the jars are different so I still have
>an issue there... :(

I don't have this problem with CFMX 7. I compiled my Java class using
the Axis libraries in CFMX 7. You can see the details in this MACR forum
post:

http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=
7&threadid=953556&highlight_key=y

Rob