> Anyone know of a good and free table/database of official
> state/province/territory names and abbreviations as well
> as official country names and abbreviations? I've been
> looking at USPS but haven't had a whole lot of luck and
> Google hasn't revealed much with the searches I've put in.

> John Burns
> Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX Developer
> Wyle Laboratories, Inc. | Web Developer

Java has some built-in information about the various ISO country names
and codes... although I'm not sure if the ISO abbreviations are used
for things like shipping... in any event, the onTap framework gets
country names / codes with some functions that instantiate java locale
objects and get the information from there:

<cfset countries = request.tapi.ISOCountries()>

If you want I can post the code for the function later on... or you
can download the framework core from the public site and get it from

/_components/_libraries/cf_util/isocountries.cfm

s. isaac dealey   954.522.6080
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework