I do not have any specific info for you, just a guess and direction to research.

My guess is that whatever is doing the indexing (a filter of some
sort) does not know that CFM files have a similar structure to .HTM
files. You are probably going to need to add cfm files to the list of
filetypes processed by the htm filter.

I have no idea how.