Thanks for replying Dave.
It seems to be a very big bug - of not being able to use oracle ref cursors
with coldfusion ! Big for me beacuse I cannot imagine how data driven
applications can then be developed on coldfusion

Could you tell me how do I replace the version 3.3/3.4 DataDirect driver - with
the 3.5 version that works?
I mean is there some path/procedure to follow to be able to replace this
properly and ask ColdFusion to use the new version instead?

Thanks much