Emmett,
Some simple math where we're adding $ instead of things that arent addeable
quantities like Coldfusion + Clustering + Affordable (WTF?).

Consider x amount of sites that get y amount of hits and 3 servers to host.

If youre a hosting company, you would split them across 3 servers.
So, you've got 3 machines, 3 licences of coldfusion, 3 oses.

Or, as I was suggesting, you have them all on 3 servers.
So, you've got 3 machines, 3 licences of coldfusion, 3 oses and a load
balancer.

Here the really bad sites would hit each server 1/3 as hard because they are
load balanced and you wouldnt get the possibility of randomly getting half
of them on one server. So, the jrun error may not appear as often or very
much at all and you'd generally have happier customers.

I'm thinking that if this company http://powweb.com can do linux hosting
like this for less than 8 dollars a month then that load balancer and the
extra admin that you consider bizzare are probably quite acceptable costs.

DRE