Well, we don't get as down and dirty as that - although our previous
person, whew!  She was just plain evil.

We do things like create doorway pages for certain keywords, pages that
really don't have a whole lot except keyword rich material.  It's all
coherent, and looking at any of these pages would make you think you
were just on another page on the site.  Of course, I've seen the pages
with incoherent babble with the keywords all jumbled in there.  To me,
that is not playing by the rules, but our method is.  Not sure if Google
thinks the same as us, but we haven't been banned yet, and we are
usually very careful not to rock the boat too much.  You do what you
have to to get ranked.  It's too damn competitive not to.

I guess my point is, is if Google is going to continue to rank pages the
way that they do (I understand it is an ever-changing algorithm), then
the masses are just going to have to do what they have to to get ranked.
  Hence, "hate the game".