The error says...

The following error occurred while trying to connect to the RDS Server

Http/1.1 401 Unauthorized

I have checked the username and password, and I have confirmed that
things match the RDS setup page in the CF Administrator. The previous
version of Report Builder, while it had some quirks, was able to connect
just fine with these same settings.

Also, I have uninstalled the report builder (the previous version), and
upon installation of the new version, my settings were retained.
Apparently "uninstall" is a bit of a misnomer.

I guess my next step is to check the file size and see if something went
amiss with the download.