From: Bob Haroche [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2005 6:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Tips for developing CFML on macintosh

I'm looking at upgrading my development machine and making the switch
from the windows to mac platform. I'll still have a Win2003/SQL 2000
server on the network. In terms of developing on a mac, I know I can run
CF in developer mode, and use cfEclipse as the IDE, but what about
databases? I've worked with MS Access and SQL Server and have to
maintain sites based on those.

Does Tiger natively have a SQL Server OBDC driver? If not, what are
people using?

What about Access databases? Can they be read and manipulated on a mac
(I know the software itself won't run)? Or must that db also reside on a
networked machine? And if so, where is the driver to make that connection?

Thanks for any tips, suggestions, leads on this.

--
Regards,
Bob Haroche

OnPoint Solutions