sport
sport and eeg
sport or eeg
sport -department
sport -department eeg
sport -department +eeg
associated cognitive
"associated cognitive"

I didn't put the parens in the search criteria, I just used them here to
denote the actual search criteria I used.

(-department) didn't exclude records with the word in it but

(sport -jessica) did exclude the one record with the word jessica in it when
I searched for sport

The search for
(sport and eeg) returned many records that had neither word in them (I
searched by bio on all of them)

Same thing with (sport or egg)
Same with ("sport" and "eeg")
Same with ("sport" or "eeg")

You also have some unicode characters in the displayed text. Example: search
the word (home) and look at the last sentence in the first result

Bobby Hartsfield
http://acoderslife.com