From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 1:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: FTP Server

I take a couple of days off and come back to find a jihad is winding
down...

As a side note, I installed a copy of Serv-U on my first dedicated box
and, within 24 hours, I was hacked, with little folders everywhere
holding a text file saying I was owned by Lord So-and-So.  Once I pulled
my head out of my butt, I realized I had set it up to allow anonymous
ftp.  Fixed my config and have never had an incident since.
The point being that there can be any number of causes, which perhaps
have nothing to do with the subject of the effect.

And it sounds like the focus here has been on versions around 2.x.
Serv-U is at 6,1 now.  Its miles past the era in question.

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems