Nope, it's hard coded. I'm at MAX now and don't have access to my code
(yes, I can download, but i'm rushing out), there are -3- roles for
Galleon, they _should_ be:

ForumsMember
ForumsModerator
ForumsAdmin

You would just need to pick one of those roles for your users.
ForumsMember is the one you probably want.