ColdFusion waits until all of the included code has run before it moves on.
It sounds like your database isn't updating the tables fast enough before
you run the query to re-pull that data for display (why you would need to
re-query the database right after updating it is beyond me to begin with,
but that's what it sounds like you're doing).

-Justin Scott