I had a very funny experience with cftry/catch.  I was taking
responsibility for a huge and kludgey application that was the result of
2-3 different developers over time.  The developer before me had put
try/catches all over the place.  They just caught 'any' and emailed him
the error.  I wasn't really paying attention to this until one day I
accidentally created an infinite loop on a page.  I was trying to figure
out why my page was just sitting and spinning with nothing happening,
then I decided it must be stuck in a loop.  No big deal, I fixed it and
moved on.  A couple of hours later I got a call from the previous
developer, who had just received 2-3 thousand emails from the app!
Serves him right for setting it up that way.  :-D

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential
and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is
STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you received this transmission in error, please
immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety,
whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you. A1.