I reread my message and realized I rushed to much when writing it.
Convinced management a few months ago to get Coldfusion. Most
everything is still ASP classic. Last night I upgraded to 7.01. I know
it was working after the update and before 10:30 am.  Around 11am I
was told pages just were not loading. Checked cf admin, it wasn't
restart of the service fixed the problem. There is nothing suspicious
in the error logs.

Are there any other ways to see what coldfusion is doing besides task
manager and just opening a page?

Can I test Coldfusion without using the JRun connector?

Can I test the JRun connector itself?

How can I reinstall just the jrun connector?

Are there any logs to look at besides the ones listed in the cf
administrator and the windows event viewer?

Anthony