Well, I thought I had some code lying around, but I guess I updated it
with a different process.

In SQL Server's DTS, I had a query that pulled information from our
Cicso Call Manager database.  Once the data was in my local database, I
needed to add a call cost for each call record.

To do this, I had another table that had a list of dates and their
associated costs for long-distance calls.  If a call was made between
1/1/2004 - 1/1/2005, for example, the cost would be $0.05/minute.

Then, my UPDATE statement joined the table that needed to be updated,
with the other table to get the rates.  It worked quite well, but I
remember that I changed this process to combine all this information on
one select from the Call Manager database.

So, as you can see, you can join tables in more than just the SELECT
statement.  In the SQL Server BOL, you can see that joins are allowed by
reviewing the documentation for DELETE.  Here is an example:

USE pubs
DELETE titleauthor
FROM titleauthor INNER JOIN titles
   ON titleauthor.title_id = titles.title_id
WHERE titles.title LIKE '%computers%'

M!ke