Actually, select boxes work like text fields, unless you have the multiple
attribute in them. Then they work like checkboxes. As such, a non-multiple
select box will always submit, regardless or whether the end user selected
anything or not and conversly, if you have a multiple select box, it will
not pass a value unless one is explicitly selected.
 =]