From: Dave Ashworth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 09:29
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFMail Undelivr Folder

Hi

I am developing a mail campaign application that amongst the stats on
mail-outs shows the number of undeliveable mails (or at least I'm hoping
it
will)

To try and fill the C:\CFusionMX\Mail\Undelivr with some files in order
begin coding, I added some addresses to the mailing list that I knew to
be
incorrect and sent out the mail.

For example, I sent on to [EMAIL PROTECTED], to which I got a
message through to [EMAIL PROTECTED] saying user unknown from our
mailserver, as I always do as I administer the mail server. But there
was no
record of this in the undeliverable folder. I then altered the address
read .oc.uk, but still nothing in the undeliverable folder.

So, my question is, under what circumstances is the undeliverable folder
populated? Does it take a while for files to appear there whilst email
messages are attempted to be delivered?

I thought it may have something to do with internal dev servers and
sending
the mail through our external mail server, but I've tested remotely and
still nothing in the folder!

Any advice welcome

Thanks
Dave