Nifty.

As further suggestions:

You might save metrics on this but not do anything at all at first.  That
way you could later go through and examine the messages occurring at certain
percentages and determine a good cut-off point.

You might also just find that your problem focuses on a very small number of
distinct people - smack them in line and you don't have to do anything.  ;^)
You might then just keep an eye on the statistics and warn people as needed.

You might also take the decision out of your hands by just warning people on
post.  Look at the message before it's submitted and present a warning
("Your message is 95% capital letters.  If you're shouting, please don't
shout.")

You can use the metrics collected (a simple log of messages which got the
warning would do) to check on how people are doing (are they honoring the
warning or not?)

For example sometimes we do shout.  Something like "I've tried SCSI, IDE and
SATA and NOTHING WORKS!  Please HELP ME!" might be forgiven.  ;^)  Letting
people know you're watching something can often curtail the behavior even if
you've no actual recourse for punishing the behavior.

Jim Davis