I do second the "too lazy to write SQL code if I don't have to." I have
recently had the luxury of having in my team a person who is more DB-aware
than I am. So now I just write library CFCs that have functions that call
the SPs. Periodically when I see that there is a one-off query that really
does not need to be an SP, then I write it myself. The decision to do this
is totally subjective though. I would be interested in seeing if there are
really objective reasons to convert some 'inline' queries to SPs. For
example, how does one decide if the following inline queries are to be
coverted to SPs:
1. A query that returns a list of FileTypes from a table FileType that
populates the cffile 'accept' attribute.
2. A query that returns a particular record to display it in the browser. So
it is a simple 'SELECT * FROM SomeTable WHERE SomeTableID = 'whatever(with
cfquerparam)'
3. A query that has to update a table Order_Item (say) with OrderID and
ItemID, but first has to delete all the relevant ItemIDs for a particular
OrderID before running the update (actually new inserts).

Sorry if any of the above does not make sense. It's been a long day already.

Thanks,
George