The site that I maintain uses a client variable store that sits in
Oracle.  At some point in the near future, the entire site (web and
database servers) is being migrated to new equipment.  The people
handling the migration will shut off all web connections to the old
site, take a snapshot of all data, and move it over to the new site
before restoring the connections.  The database information will be part
of this move.  My question regards how to handle the client variable
store: should I pull over the client variable data just like the other
data in other tables, or should I start the new server with a fresh and
empty table and let it re-populate?

The latter option seems like it might be the way to go, as long as the
client variable data's disappearance won't be a big problem.  But I
wanted to know if (a) anyone on the list had advice either way, or (b)
whether anyone knew if trying to copy over client variable data would
cause a system problem due to potential duplicate CFID/CFTOKEN pairs or
something like that.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Matthieu