From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2005 10:20 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: SQL join a table to a set of values not in a table.

Say one has a table something like this (much simpler then the table I
am working with, but should suffice for an example).

aTABLE
DATEcol VALUEcol
------- --------
9/1/05  Red
9/3/05  Blue
9/5/05  Green

I would like to create a result set that looks like this.

aResult
aDATE  DATEcol VALUEcol
------ ------- --------
9/1/05 9/1/05  Red
9/2/05 NULL    NULL
9/3/05 9/3/05  Blue
9/4/05 NULL    NULL
9/5/05 9/5/05  Green

I imagine that I would create some kind of inline select or from table,
but I can't visulize how I would do this.  Is it possible?

The date range will be dynamic so I don't really want to create some
table that has all possible dates for all of time, it would be a bit
large I believe.

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.