Hey everyone!

I have a Filemaker Pro database table that needs to be imported to SQL
Server (product data for online store).  In order to do this, I tried
two approaches.

1.> Export data from FMP in CSV format, then import to SQL Server
2.> Set up ODBC connection to FMP, then import to SQL Server

Both are successful - in that they import the data without "errors".
The problem is that some columns in the original FMP data contain many
"special characters" (Unicode?), such as bullets, carriage returns, TM
symbols, etc.

Using the first approach, these characters are preserved in the
database after completing the import, but are then displayed on pages
as either bizarre symbols or the letter "N", depending on the machine
accessing the page (see example below).

Using the second approach (ODBC), the characters are removed
completely during the import.

Is there any way that I can preserve/convert the characters for
output?  It will be a *ton* of work for my client if I use the second
approach and they have to manually insert carriage returns, TM's, etc.
for thousands of products.

Sample HTML output using approach 1 (note the "N's"):

Six Feet Underground2. Big Shot Dead3. Know What I Mean?4. What’s Wrong
With You (featuring Lady Tigra)5. A Strong Woman6. Rough Enough7. What’s
The Meaning?8. Gotta Stay Strong9. Home Of The Brave10. Player’s Theme11.
Burn In Hell12. Break What?13. Along In The Graveyard14. Barking Up The
Wrong Tree15. I Understand That

Thanks!
Mike