On 11/4/05, Snake <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Our CF5 server needs restarting much less often than the CFMX servers.
> Whenever a site using an Access databases gets a lot of traffic and
> overloads the database with too many connections, CFMX just falls over. CF5
> doesn't.

Are you using the "MS Access with Unicode Support" drivers?  Or are
you using the "MS Access" drivers?

If you are using the latter, you are making a bridge to ODBC from JDBC
and back again.  Very much more overhead and, as per MM best practice,
ODBC bridges should not be used in a production environment on CF6+
due to the overhead it introduces.

The 'unicode support' drivers, on the other hand, are native.
Wouldn't surprise me to learn that they leave behind the memory leaks
that Access ODBC gifted to the world.

The difference between the two drivers may wind up being only that one
works right under load and the other doesn't.  However I have seen one
instance where searches didn't return the same results and the
customer had to fall back to ODBC and suffer.

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems