http://www.talkingtree.com/blog/index.cfm?mode=entry&entry=B37A824E-50DA-0559-A08F2CDFB58A8248

Using this example, I was able to create the included SP.  Yeah for me, I then
moved on to try and create a SP that returns a result set rather then a simple
value.

Using the example found on this page: http://www.orafusion.com/oracf_pls.htm. I
was able to get a sp created.  When I tried to access it in my ColdFusion page:

<cfstoredproc procedure="sosusr.rc.rset"
   datasource="SMFVL"
         returncode="no">

   <cfprocparam type="out"
      cfsqltype="cf_sql_refcursor"
      variable="v">

   <cfprocresult name="table1Data">
</cfstoredproc>

I got this error:

Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver]The specified SQL type is not supported by this
driver.

For my first attempt, I was using the "Oracle" driver included in my developer
[set up in an Enterprise configuration] edition of CFMX6.1.  While I am about
to head off and trial-and-error experiment with other drives I have avalible to
me (CFMX 7.0.1 Oracle, Oracle Thin Client, Oracle ODBC, Microsoft Oracle ODBC),
can anybody give me a hint on what driver might work best for this?

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.