Sorry - I've not actually DONE this (and I don't have any experience with
Oracle)... it was just a thought.

I know that I could do it SQL Server using string concatenation (just
building the XML manually) - I assume the same is true for Oracle.  In SQL
Server you can also use COM objects or (in 2005) built SPs using JavaScript,
perhaps you can do the same (or similar) in Oracle?

Now that I'm thinking about it maybe I should work on a YODEL serializer for
SQL Server 2005...

Jim Davis