Yesterday I posted on this list and sent to Damon Cooper at Allaire my
request that as well as releasing a Server SP2, they release a fixed Studio
too.

Studio has been a bugbear of mine (and lots of other people too) for ages,
and the correspondence between me, Allaire and their Australian
Distributor, Firmware Design has been long and continuing.

To my astonishment and pleasant surprise, within half an hour of posting my
message, I had a response from Damon saying he's passing it to the Studio
group, and this was immediately followed by a message from the Studio
group, thanking me for my message.  They've already done some of the fixes
we want, and they should appear in the next version  (More specifics below)

But no confirmation yet that Allaire will be releasing a new Studio along
with the new server.

I"ll keep this list posted if anything else happens.

The fixes I requested and Allaire's responses are listed here:

(1)  Resource hog.

This is NOT the same as RAM hog.  You can add all the ram you like but its
the main memory that's the issue here.  I'm not sure but I believe that
even on a 512MB RAM machine you still only have (I think) 1MB of resources.

Allaire sez:   We've made quite a bit of progress in alleviating resource
usage (since the last public Beta). I won't say its perfect, but this is
still an on-going focus with Studio 4.52.

(2) Installation file downloaded from Allaire's site and also on the
released CD contains invalid DLLs

Allaire didn't have a clear idea of the problem, so I have sent them more
specific details of what I believe the issue is.

(3)  The resource tabs once docked don't stay put

They attach to the mouse pointer sometimes and sometimes when you open
studio they're scattered all over the desktop and have to be rounded up and
docked again.

ALLAIRE SEZ:  There is a new option in the Settings dialog (in the last
public Beta) under the General section which allows users to "lock" the
resource tabs, and prevent them from being dragged off.

(4)  Deployment wizard doesnt  properly

Will only work if you have all the  folders created already, and you have
to deploy your entire project or it will crash studio and often bring down
the whole system with it.   I have sent them specifics on this too.

Cheers

Mike Kear
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.afp.zip.com.au