I have a widget I built a couple of years ago to allow our accounting
staff to disable the link to our online timecard system.

Pretty simple, I set a server.kronos value to true or false.  True the
link is live, false a maintenance message is displayed.

We have recently changed the back-up system and would now like to shut
down access to the timecards from 1:00 AM - 2:00 AM, while the back-ups
are running.

I pulled the code out of my manual widget and separated it into to
files.  KronosUp.cfm and KronosDown.cfm

KronosUp.cfm:

<cflock scope="SERVER" timeout="30">
        <cfset SERVER.Kronos=True>
        <cffile action="write"
file="C:\websites\Infoweb\Data\KronosStatus.dat" output="True">
</cflock>

KronosDodwn.cfm:

<cflock scope="SERVER" timeout="30">

<cfset SERVER.Kronos=False>
        <cffile action="write"
file="C:\websites\Infoweb\Data\KronosStatus.dat" output="False">

</cflock>

If I browse to these pages and run them they work.  The link is
displayed or a maintenance message is displayed. (Server.Kronos is read
on another page that displays the link)

However, when I run them as a scheduled task, they don't work.  The
Server.Kronos variable is not changed. If I run them manually from the
scheduled task area by clicking the run scheduled task button I get a
message at the top of the page that reads "This scheduled task was
completed succefully, but the Server.Kronos value remains unchanged."

Any ideas???

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.