Depends on who you ask. That is an easy way to handle headers and footers in a
simple site, but it violates MVC principles, so if you are looking for a
cleanly separated View, you shouldn't go that route.

I generally don't bother with MVC for quick and dirty apps or mini-sites, but I
use a  framework for anything that I plan to maintain and possibly scale
long-term. It doesn't even matter which framework, really, I just want
something that separates the different elements of my app. I like Fusebox 3
with a cfc layer for the model, but it is always tempting in FB3 to pollute the
fbx_switch file with stuff that doesn't belong there.

> I usually assemble my pages with a cfinclude header, menu, footer, etc.
>
> But I figured it might be better to include the header.cfm in
> onRequestStart, and footer.cfm in onRequestEnd to keep from spreading
> includes all over the place.
>
> This way they'd all be in one spot. Am I thinking right??
>
> Thanks,
Will