Sorry for the slightly off-topic post, but I've got a client who's trying to
convert a bunch of old Ami Pro v3 documents to Word (or at least some other
modern day format.)

Ami Pro v3 is an older Dos/Windows 3.1 application by Lotus that no longer
runs under the new operating systems.

While Word does have an Ami Pro filter, it seems to only work with documents
that contain only text. Most of these documents contained graphics and
layouts drawn with the Ami Pro toolset. All of these documents come up
blank.

Does anyone know of a tool that will accurately convert Ami Pro documents?

Worst case scenario is I try to get the software running on old PC and try
to get a version of Acrobat running on the box. I batch conversion tool
would make life much, much easier.

<rant>
Archived files are a bit of a dirty little secret in the computer industry
that really tends to affect small business owners. I've seen some business
owners archive data as their supposed to, but then not be able to get to the
archived data years later because the software needed to read/write the data
doesn't work anymore.

You also have to be very careful in the media you choose to backup to. Many
people think that any CD-R/CD-RW will last virtually forever, but I've seen
cheap CD-R media go bad within 2 years--to the point were the disc is
unreadable. You have to be very careful w/archived data if it's information
that crucial to your business.
</rant>

-Dan