Yes, if you define the mapping: "/lib" = "/home/httpd/project1/cffiles/"

Then in your Cold Fusion code you can do this:
<cfinclude template="/lib/commerce.cfm">

Instead of this:
<cfinclude template="/home/httpd/project1/cffiles/commerce.cfm">

This works for cfinclude, and cfmodule.

Unfortunately, you can NOT define separate mapping for each virtual server, so if you
have a development, testing, and production copy of your site on the same server you
can't really use mapping because your code will reference "/lib" (or whatever you use)
and all three of the sites will be pointed to the SAME directory :-(
In this case, you are stuck with putting some code in Application.cfm to figure out
what your root directory is (using "GetCurrentTemplatePath()" ) and stick in a
variable such as #lib# and then using <cfinclude template="#lib#/commerce.cfm>