CFEclipse's selling point isn't that it's better than DW or HS.  I
don't think anyone (well, perhaps aside from a few zealots) will
disagree when I say that DW and HS are both better CFML editors that
CFEclipse.  Markedly so.  Ridiculously so.

However, what makes CFE the tool of choice for myriad developers is
the platform it brings along for free.  It runs on OSX and Linux.  It
has built-in support for a buttload of version control systems.  It
has data modelling tools built in.  It has Java tools built in.  It
has XML tools built in.  It's free.  I could go on and on.

If I were only editing CFML files, I'd never use CFEclipse in a
million years.  But while that's what I get paid for, it's only one
piece of my job, and the platform that Eclipse provides is worth way
more to me than a somewhat less capable CFML editor.

cheers,
barneyb

--
Barney Boisvert