From: David Hannum [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 6:07 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Autonumber?

One useful way is this:

<CFSET OrderID = #DateFormat(Now(), "yyyymmdd")##TimeFormat(Now(),
"hhmmss")##RandRange(1000,9999)#>

OrderID = 18 digit unique number

This gives you exact date and time for the order number.  Now you have both
order number and date/time info for analysis and the 5 digit random number
tagged to end prevents dupes (unless you have
ultra-high-never-before-heard-of-order-volume on your site).

Dave