You don't need that cfflush in there unless you want to output
something to the screen, right?

You're going to eat that thread for the duration of your mail run.
Thats the problem I have with all of the java sleep-based stuff,
although its a heck of a lot better than throwing CF into a timed loop
back in the bad old days pre-MX.

Assuming a send rate of 4 emails per second, thats 14,400 per hour.
Is that slow enough to keep you under the frequency filters, assuming
you are emailing to AOL etc. where they have such filters?

Do you have the resources available to lose that available request
thread from your overall pool for as long as it will take to send all
those?  And do you have something in place to address failover in case
Something Bad happens in the middle? Since I put the failover into my
old standby mail trickler I've found it to be pretty much bulletproof,
or more accurately, easy to resurrect after being bullet-riddled by a
power failure or something similar.

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems