I had used Viux for a couple of years under their shared hosting plan
(up to 20 sites for a flat-rate of $75/mo) when I found a client who
paid me enough in maintenance that I could afford a co-located
solution and got my own box. Not the most robust of servers, it was
still mine alone and cost only $400 / mo. I could have splurged for a
better box but I figured I wouldn't have more than 100 sites on it so
it would be fine. I had remote desktop access to the box with full
admin access. I also had unlimited access to their shared mail server
(although they are frequently blackballed by SpamCop).

With their shared hosting plan I did have access to cffile etc but
had to ask for it. No access to the admin.

Michael