> Anyone know how, or if it's even possible, to change an
> instance name?  I'm running multiple instances under MX7 and
> would like to change the name.  Is it as simple as changing
> the folder name under the c:\jrun4\servers\ directory?  I'm
> guessing more complex than that. :)

Yes, you can change instance names. You'll need to do this if, for example,
you use the Multiserver install of CFMX on two machines, and want to cluster
the instances that are automatically created.

This article by Brandon Purcell outlines the basics:
http://www.bpurcell.org/viewContent.cfm?ContentID=121

In addition, you will need to update registry entries appropriately. I ended
up changing "ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Agent", "ColdFusion MX 7 ODBC Server", and
"Macromedia JRun Cfusion Server" as appropriate - they're all under
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/